Per 17-42-302 Salesperson applicants must:
1. Have reached age of majority, eighteen (18)
2. Succesfully complete sixty (60) hours of real estate education, of which thirty (30) hours must be in the basic principles of real estate, from an accredited post-secondary school or a school or organization licensed by the Arkansas Real Estate Commission or school or organization approved by a real estate licensing jurisdiction deemed equivalent by the Commission ( ACA Sect. 17-42-303 and Commission Regulation 4.1).
3. Submit the completed application form and fees to the Real Estate Commission. The application may be submitted prior to completing the real estate education requirement.
- $50.00 application fee
- $22.00 Arkansas criminal bakcground check fee
- $13.00 FBI criminal background check fee.
- Make cashier’s check or money order payable to “ AREC” in the total amount of $85.00
- Proof of attainment of age 18 (driver’s license, copy of birth certificate)
- Official trancript or original certificate indicating successful completion of education requirement.
4.FBI fingerprint card submitted with application.
5.Pass the license examination
6.Submit the proper forms and fees to the Real Estate Commission no later than ninety (90) days after passing the examination